What is drip content?
Drip content is a method of releasing your content step by step. Conceal new lessons in your course through the drip content feature. Your students have to watch a minimum percentage/time of previous lessons to unlock new lessons. They can not see new lessons without watching the previous lessons.
Also, your student’s course learning progress will be updated automatically after unlocking a new lesson. They do not have to update manually their course learning progress in the drip content feature in Academy LMS. The course creator can enable/disable this feature any time they want.
How does the drip content work?
After activating the drip content feature, your students have to follow the method of the drip content. To unlock new videos, they have to complete/watch a certain duration of previous ones. Your students can unlock new lessons after watching/completing previous lessons.
Note: The drip content feature works on Youtube, Vimeo, HTML5, and video files only.
How to configure the drip content feature?
To use the drip content method in your course lessons, you have to configure the drip content settings.
For this, you can follow the steps below:
- Log in to the application as an admin.
- Select the “Settings” option from the settings.
- Click on the “Drip content settings” option from the sub-menu.
Figure 1. Academy LMS Drip Content Settings
- Choose the lesson completion role. (If you choose video percentage-wise, this feature will work as a percentage. If you select video duration-wise, this feature will work as your provided time)
- Set a minimum percentage/time for drip content methods. (If you select percentage-wise, you have to provide a minimum percentage. If you choose video duration-wise, you have to provide a minimum video duration time)
- Write down messages for locked lessons.
- Click on the “Save changes” button to store your settings.
Figure 2. Academy LMS Saving Drip Content Settings
How to enable/disable the drip content feature?
A course instructor can enable/disable the drip content feature in their course. Only the admin can configure the settings.
To enable/disable the drip content feature, the course instructors can follow the steps below:
- Log in to the application.
- Select the “Courses” option from the left menu.
- Click on the “Add new course” option from the sub-menu.
- On/Off the button to enable/disable the feature from the “Enable drip content” option in the “Basic” form.
Figure 3. Academy LMS Enabling Or Disabling Drip Content Feature